My friends over at Unbeelievable Health shared this DIY with me. I’m just about to order some Beeswax so that I can make it and review – unfortunately ,Mr BB has hidden away some of my beauty ingredients somewhere so when I came to make this I could not find my beeswax! Watch out for the video coming soon. Unbeelievable Health have advised that this balm helps to heal scrapes, calm eczema, banish spots and breakouts, and calm troubled skin. They’ve also had success with it for treating verrucas, warts and molluscum. Sounds like a wonder product! If you try it let me know know how you get on – I’ll post my review in due course.
Ingredients for DIY Unbeelievable Health’s Bee Propolis Beauty & Healing Balm
- 15g melted beeswax
- 3 Tablespoons macerated calendula oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- Open & mix in 6 capsules of Bee Prepared daily defence or 4 of Bee Prepared Max
To read more about Unbeelievable Health click here.
Method for DIY Unbeelievable Health’s Bee Propolis Beauty & Healing Balm
- Melt the beeswax in a bain marie. When melted, remove pot from heat, taking care not to get any water in the beeswax!
- Add the calendula oil & continue stirring until well blended. Now add the lavender & tea tree essential oils. Keep stirring so that the mixture doesn’t harden unevenly.
- Once it starts to harden slightly, return the pot back to the bain marie and melt the mixture again, stirring continuously.
- When melted remove the post from the heat and continue mixing, letting it cool till the mixture has reached a paste consistency. This is the time to open and add the Bee Prepared capsules, blending until mixed well. Place in a sealable jar to store.
TIP – Wipe out ramekin while still warm with kitchen towel to remove balm before washing.
How to Use Unbeelievable Health’s Bee Propolis Beauty & Healing Balm
Damaged skin or eczema may be covered with a thick paste & covered with a plaster. For verucas, molluscs, warts & boils, take a small bit of the do-it-yourself balm and mix in an extra capsule of Bee Prepared to make it more concentrated. Cover with a plaster if needed.
I love DIY projects because they’re fun and you know every ingredient inside- perfect for anyone with allergies!