It was in my press pack from the Natural & Organic Products Europe Show that I received a beautiful Thuja wood box which reminded me of the souks of Marrakech. Excitedly I opened it and was delighted to find Victoria & K’s Pure Organic Argan Oil with a twist – infused with Ylang Ylang. I’ve always been an Argan Oil nut since I started on this natural beauty tip. It’s a superb multi-tasker and I certainly put it to good use on our Greek escape recently. In fact, we got to the end of the bottle whilst on holiday, and I hadn’t used it that much before we went away!
Here are 10 Ways to use Argan Oil from Head to Toe
- Scalp Treatment. Massaged well into the scalp, Argan Oil can help soothe any inflammation, helping calm any dandruff or psoriasis conditions, and hydrate and nourish, helping prevent hair loss and encouraging healthy hair growth. Wash hair thoroughly.
- Hair Mask. Apply straight to hair neat, or blend with some other hair-loving oils such as Jojoba and Coconut. Wrap hair in a towel or put a shower cap on and leave for at least half an hour, or plait hair or place in a top bun and leave overnight. Wash hair thoroughly. Argan Oil leaves the hair soft and smooth, and helps repair split ends.
- Oil Cleansing. Massage in small circular motions into the skin and then take a fluffy face cloth or organic muslin cloth and run this under the hot tap till it’s steamy. Open over your face and gently dab. Then repeat this with hot water once and then tepid water for a third time to close the pores. If you are a city dweller then repeat the whole process again if it’s nighttime, double cleansing to ensure all the grime and dirt is off your skin! Using Argan Oil to cleanse the face may help with acne and breakouts, balance oily skin and can cleanse without drying out the skin.
- Anti-Ageing. Argan Oil is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants. Target fine lines and wrinkles with this fabulous oil, and use all over your visage for smoother and brighter skin.
- Kiss Kiss. Apply a couple of drops of Argan Oil with your finger to your lips, for instantly kissable lips. For a more intensive pamper, ground some almonds and mix with Argan Oil for an exfoliating treatment, and/or mix Argan Oil with Honey for a leave-on intensive moisturising treatment.
- Nail and Cuticle Treatment. Massage into nails and cuticles thoroughly to soften skin and cuticles, and nourish nails to prevent brittleness and breakage.
- All-Over Body Hydrator. Using Argan Oil on your body has the same anti-ageing effects as using on the face. Use to create a sheen on arms and legs, for a healthy, sun-kissed glow.
- Scrub-a-Dub. Grind some oats and add to Argan Oil and essential oil(s) of your choice. The great thing about Victoria & K’s Argan Oil is it already has Ylang Ylang essential oil so no need to add anything else, unless you want a more complex aroma! Massage all over body in circular motions and then rinse thoroughly.
- Aftersun. Argan Oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E which makes it a superb product to apply after you’ve been out in the sunshine. It’s also super-hydrating, apply every evening most long hot sunny days. When on holiday, I also apply to my hair every morning to help protect from the sun’s rays and sea or pool water.
- Intensive Foot Treatment. You can massage feet daily with 1-2 drops of Argan Oil, but for a more intensive treatment soak feet in a foot spa or bowl of water for at least 10-15 minutes. Add some Magnesium Salt, or Lemon for refreshment. Scrub with a foot pumice or exfoliant. Rinse well and pat dry. Apply Argan Oil then slip on your Nylon socks for the night.
This Argan Oil is a lovely quality, and I loved the fact it came with a box to keep it safe from sunlight, which can cause Argan Oil to turn rancid more rapidly. Victoria & K also included a Kessa Glove – a Moroccan exfoliating bath glove as used in a traditional hammam. It’s made of coarse and crinkled fabric and helps remove dead skin cells, which helps prevent pores from clogging and keeps the skin clean and toxin-free. Use in a hot bath, or shower with the bathroom full of steam. A great glove which I have incorporated into my at home beauty regimen – I love hammams so to be able to recreate a treatment at home, with the same soft, smooth skin resulting, is fantastic as far as I’m concerned.